Monday, February 21, 2011

The separation of church and hate


It seems to me that a lot of people harbor a little animosity towards God.  I don't really get into this myself, because God (whoever/whatever [if in existence]) is God, and because of this, is invested in everyone's "eternal soul".  In fact, God would have God fingers into pretty much just about everything, so the real question that most people get stuck on shouldn't be, "Why me?"  But much more simply just, "Why? (In general terms that is)".

For me, the question of "Why?" comes down to a choice, as in, "Why would I?" Or, "Why should I?" And I think that these questions run about in other's minds as well.  I'm not too positive as to the answers to any of these questions, but I think it's important for us to ask those questions to ourselves - from time to time...

The concern over "why?" is as old as they come.  It's cliché really.  I shouldn't even be writing about it, but unfortunately for you, I am a bastard, and will throw some metaphysical shit down your throat every now and then (even if it is a little dry sometimes).

You see, the real issue here is that the conversational conundrum of whether or not "God" exists, is simply a matter of choice on the part of the believer.  I say this with a small amount of flipancy, however, I got to say that "we" are a part of the equation, when talking about the possible existance of something greater than ourselves (at least).


No comments:

Post a Comment